Share the Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Paint Paddles Turned Bible Facts Review Sticks!!!

Paint Paddles are NOT just for mixing paint.  :)  I Decided to make some Bible Facts Review Sticks. These are based off something I saw on Pinterest.  (BTW, I love Pinterest!!!)    






I have by no means exhausted ALL the Bible Facts, List, People, etc.  Matter-of-Fact, I need to finish the one I am making for the Kings of Israel, The Prophets of both the Northern and Southern Nations, The Beatitudes, Acts of Worship, Parables, Jesus Attributes, etc.












These will be used as an EAA...for the first few weeks....However, I am probably going to be using them as I teach on the topics, too.  Letting each one of the Kiddos ADD a piece as we talk about the subject.   





I am also considering using this method as a WAY of telling the Bible Story....If I do, You will see it here on the website.  




Enough of my rambling.....This is how I made these.   I purchased these LARGER paddles for $0.28 each at Walmart.  Then,  I printed and laminated pictures from our Bible Flip Facts Charts....making sure to make  ONE picture for the HEADER pic that I glued on the TOP of the paddle.  I then attached the prickly side of adhesive VELCRO strips to the paddle.  I then attached the soft side to the pics.  My thoughts being... LITTLE HANDS would be holding the pictures and I did not want them to get stuck by the prickly Velcro.  







It really did not take much time to make these....Cutting out the little pieces took the longest time....but, I can "watch" more like LISTEN to a movie or the news while cutting out laminated items.  :)  
















Days Of Creation Paddle
Putting It In Order.
This is how we will use the Review Sticks.   I will be handing the KIDDOS a Paint Paddle with all the Velcro pieces in a baggie.  Then they will have to PUT the pieces on the Paint Paddle in the CORRECT ORDER.  
(With my help and encouragement, of course.)   




Completed!
 






These are ready to go for SUNDAY.  We will be using them as this weeks EAA!!!!!  I love it when I get to give the KIDDOS something "NEW" to do.  And, anything that helps them LEARN their Bible Facts!!!!!  




Hope you are excited about this FUN, EASY and CHEAP way to help our KIDDOS learn their Bible FACTS!  


Blessings,


Ronda
 

21 comments:

  1. I found this on Pinterest. You've got my wheels spinning now. I'm thinking it would be a great review for the memory work we're doing right now -- Psalm 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a link to the printable images? I would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, I'd love to know where to find the pictures.
    Thank you for the inspiring ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your great ideas! Where would we find this clip art or something similar? Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronda, is there a way to receive your updates to this blog via email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have printables? If not you should really look into making your crafts into printables. I am a sunday school teacher of pre-schoolers, and I also homeschool my own children, so making these printable would help me and I am sure many others out alot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your ideas! They're applicable to both church and school ideas!!!! Love, love, love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea- was wondering if you have printables that you'd share. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love the printable as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! My Sunday school students would get a lot out of an activity like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would also appreciate the Printables or link to them -

    ReplyDelete
  12. gayle where do you get the pictures to print off this is such a great visual for the kids in my class

    ReplyDelete
  13. Were did is the Bible Flip Facts Charts i would love to buy it!!!
    evaharp@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your ideas. I have similar questions to the ones already posted. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is great! Its so good to see that we can use pop sickles sticks to such fun learning process. As a teacher I am going to try this for sure. I have ordered some paint sticks from http://woodpaintsticks.com/wood-craft/ . I am too excited to try this and hope that it will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks great! Is there a link to the clip art? I would love to use it in my upcoming CCD class!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would also appreciate the Printables or link to them -

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this idea I would love the printable as well please, God bless you. My email lethanhkimball@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing this idea. We used it to make Stations sticks and credited you for the inspiration at http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2016/03/make-diy-stations-of-cross-prayer-and.html.

    ReplyDelete