Share the Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Teen Girls Class is Going Well

I am enjoying teaching the teen girls on Wednesday Evenings. They are so much fun. We have been busy "Scrapbooking" our way though this lesson material. The girls LOVE the activities. I have asked them time and time again to tell me what they like and don't like. Well, they all have told me they LOVE the "scrapbooking" lesson book. It is a lot of fun do this with them. There are times I like to let them "talk" amongst themselves. That is when I learn the most about who the girls really are and what is going on in their lives. It opens up some great conversation starters. I suggest that we all need to just stop and listen to our students. You will be amazed at what you learn.




Here are a few of the "Scrapbook" Pages that we have done recently during class!!! The girls especially loved the ring in the pigs snout page!!!

During the lesson portion of this study we were learning about the beauty that LASTS!





We have a slogan about Modesty. So, I made up this banner to hang in the classroom. The girls LOVE it. We are trying to focus on living our life in a way that pleases God. Well, God cares about how we dress. So, this is the girl's "motto."








Because I needed an easy way to get the girls their assignments for the following class period, I decided to frame this clip art in a picture frame from the $ Tree. It is great because you can write on the glass with a dry erase marker and it will wipe of easily. The girls have homework assignments that include looking up definitions to words that are important in our lives and Memory Verses.






Here is some of the Visuals we are using...I try to really stimulate their eyes. I want them to see an attractive and inviting class room. . I believe in using ALL the senses that God gave us. It is my job as the teacher to activate their learning...and Visuals are always helpful.

Blessings,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment