Share the Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Jesus Said, "Come, Follow Me -- Fishers of Men"

Our continuing Exploration through the Life of Jesus Has brought us to the time when Jesus Calls His Apostles.  We learned about the time when Jesus said, "Come and Follow Me and I Will Make You Fishers of Men."  


We know JESUS was walking by the Sea of Galilee, when HE see Peter and Andrew.  Later, He will call James and John.  Then later He calls the other eight special HELPERS.  These Special Helpers were the Apostles.  

With that being said, I used this LESSON as an opportunity to teach the Apostles and to teach the KIDDOS the need to FOLLOW JESUS!! 

We added NEW CARDS to our DO You Know? Wall.  My Expectation is for the KIDDOS to be able to answer each of these by the end of the lesson. \

















For a VISUAL AID, I used a Galilean Boat and "Jesus, Peter, Andrew, James, John and their father figurines.   This was a gift sent to me by a sweet lady named Carole Stevenson.  I have only met her via the internet, but she has always been soooo sweet to me.  

The KIDDOS LOVED this VISUAL.  I added the SEA of GALILEE by using some blue material, I had in my stash of supplies and gave the Fishermen some Fishing Nets---this netting came off a a bag of tomatoes.  I literally save the strangest stuff for Bible Class.  

I noticed these toys are still available for purchase.  Here is a link to one on Amazon.  For clarity, I DO NOT receive any compensation for putting a link here...I only do so for my readers benefit.  Galilee-Boat-Piece-Playset-BibleToys









We had three new words to add to our WORD WALL.  I chose FISHERMEN, TAX-COLLECTOR AND BETRAY. 
Those are important words for the KIDDOS to understand for this lesson to make more sense to them.  



























Our MEMORY VERSE  was Matthew 4:19    I explained that we are to FOLLOW JESUS and WE are to FISH for MEN.  I explained that we use the GOSPEL as "BAIT."  Meaning, the ONLY thing we use to get people to FOLLOW JESUS is the GOSPEL!!!  We cannot use ANYTHING that JESUS did not tell us to use and we should not want too.  After all the PURE GOSPEL OF CHRIST TRANSFORMS US INTO TRUE CHRISTIANS!!

To hear the MEMORY VERSE song click on this link.  Matthew 3:17 Memory Verse





























We Added a NEW Card to our GOD'S AWESOME PLAN FOR MAN Timeline!!
























This is one of those lessons where we have two SONG  to learn.    One goes right along with the lesson and the other is to help with the recalling of the Apostles, by name.  






To hear this song click on the link.  Fishers Of Men Song---By Ronda Duvall



To hear this song click on the link.  


















The KIDDOS TAKE-HOME project was made from some old Banana Split Boats.  Someone had given these to me years ago!!  I split them in 1/2 so as to make them useful on a PAPER backing.  


The Little Girl is from these Paper Doll Shaped People, I purchased at Dollar Tree.  The BOYS got Boy Fishermen and The GIRLS got Girl Fishermen.  I pre-drew the faces on the paper dolls for the KIDDOS.  The KIDDOS colored the hair and clothes.  I made the fishing poles from sticks out of my yard.  The Fish are from a magnetic fishing game....they are wooden...I bought them at a garage sale for cheap, cheap, cheap!!!  I wrote the verse on the fish for the KIDDOS.  


To give the activity some support for display, we used GLUE DOTS to attach them to these Plastic Photo Frames.  I purchased them at Dollar Tree.  They turned our really cute and the KIDDOS were so excited about showing them to their parents!!!






    





 This weeks REVIEW game was a LOT of fun!!!  The KIDDOS got to FISH for "MEN."   

Each of them had the opportunity to use a "fishing net" and catch on of the Balloon men, I made.  The Balloon men had questions on the bottom of their feet.  So, to KEEP the Balloon Man out of the Sea of Galilee, the KIDDO had to be able to answer the question.  









They LOOOOOVED this game!!!  They were excited about this game as soon as they walked into the classroom!!  
























As you recall, the second week of the LESSON is when we REVIEW.  It gives me opportunity to correct any misunderstandings.  It gives opportunities to the KIDDOS who missed class the first week to "CATCH UP."  This is the Week we SAY our MEMORY VERSE from MEMORY and we do an ACTIVITY that we add to our EXPLORER JOURNAL.   



This LESSONS EXPLORER JOURNAL ACTIVITY was  a fun one.  We made fishing poles from sticks out of my yard.  We added FISH with either a BOY or a GIRL on it and on the back is the Verse from the LESSON.  To top it off the KIDDOS got to pick out a BOBBER to add to their fishing line.      The original idea of this was not mine...I saw something similar to this on Pinterest so, I decided to try to make something similar....I did design the fish and the little Explorer Girl, you see in the fish is mine.  I drew a Explorer Boy and Girl a few years back....and I use them OFTEN for projects.  






I am thoroughly enjoying teaching the KIDDOS through the LIFE of CHRIST.  It is exciting to see them get excited about LEARNING more and more about JESUS!!!  


BLESSINGS, 


RONDA

1 comment: