Share the Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Armor of God Exploring Bible History New Testament Lessons 5


This past Sunday was a very FUN day of learning.  The kiddos were soooo excited to learn about the Helmet of Salvation. 


Prior to going into the lesson I showed them pictures of various types of hats.  For example, a football helmet, hockey helmet, baseball bating helmet, motorcycle helmet, hard hat, bike helmet, combat helmet, fireman's helmet, straw hat, stocking cap, etc.   I asked them to tell me when they would wear these type of helmets and why.  They had various answers...but, the answer I was looking for was that they would be worn for protection.   They all understood the need to protect their heads.  (They could really relate to the bike helmet and stocking cap.)





I then went into the lesson about how the Helmet of Salvation is our Protection for the Devil and all his tricks.  I wanted them to learn that Salvation is found in Jesus. I wanted them to understand that Jesus died for our Salvation.  I then went on and explained that our knowing that Jesus Saves Us is a type of Helmet.  It helps protect our mind from all the evil, mean, unkind, etc. beliefs that are in the world.  I explained that they needed to think about Jesus every day...and that thinking about HIM will help them always make the right choices.   It is AMAZING how well these little ones seem to understand....It makes me appreciate the scene when Jesus said, "let the little ones come unto me and forbid them not."


Our "Take Home" activity was a Helmet of Salvation.....I was fortunate, I found these gold helmets at a local card and party type store.  However, they did NOT have a PLUME or the word Salvation on them...So, we added the plume and "Salvation" during class.  They LOVED having their own Helmet.  They were adorable wearing them as they left the classroom....they were so excited for their parents to see what they had made.



Our memory verse was a short one this week....and we sang it to a little tune.  They ALL knew the verse before they left the classroom, which makes me so happy.    They enjoyed coloring their Helmets on their MV Card. 












Their Wednesday Evening Activity for their "Explorer Journal" was a picture of a Helmet and they added the Plume....To make this a little more fun we had several different colors of feathers....I had one student that made their plume multi-colored.  I LOVED it. 















For our Review Game Activity we rolled the cube and named the pieces of Armor.  They have not grown bored with this game...matter-of-fact, they ask me if we can play it again.  I love doing things they love doing. 
This is how we have been playing the CUBE game.  I ask a question from the lesson....one student answers it....then they roll the cube and tell me the piece of Armor they landed on and where it is worn.  I like it because they have to answer several questions when it is "their turn."



Blessings,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment