Share the Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Book of Judges. Ehud the Judge

We are beginning our lessons on the Judges this Sunday.  I am excited about this study...and I know the children will LOVE all these adventures.  

Our first lesson is about Othniel and Ehud.  Our focus will be on Ehud, since there is more information about him.  

As a "Take Home" activity the children are going to make Egg Shaped  "King Eglon."    The will learn how Ehud delivered the Hebrews from the oppression of King Eglon of Moab.


Our Memory Verse is Psalm 57:2. There is a little tune that we will sing during class, that goes with this Memory Verse.  I have found if I put the Memory Verses to a tune the kiddos get them memorized very quickly.











The Wednesday Evening Activity for the children's Explorer Journals is a picture of  "Ehud" with his dagger in his left Hand,  The Daggers are 3D...and wrapped with aluminum foil....to give them a "blade."











Our new attendance "charts" are a hit with the kiddos.  The kiddos LOVE adding the flowers to their flower pot.  I also love the fact that it adds a bit of Spring color to our classroom.  









I will post more pictures and info later.  We are playing a "dagger" review game.....and I will post a pic of the game tomorrow. 


Blessings,

Ronda






7 comments:

  1. Hey Ronda

    I've got a kids song about King Eglon you might be interested in!

    All the best
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ronda,

    I found your site because I have been looking for a coloring page for Judge Ehud. Do you by any chance have your coloring page on a file that you could e-mail it to me? If so, that would be FANTASTIC! You can e-mail it to: julierorr@gmail.com

    Thanks so much in advance!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ronda,

    I found your site because I have been looking for a craft for Judge Ehud. Do you by any chance have your coloring page on a file that you could e-mail it to me? If so, that would be FANTASTIC! You can e-mail it to: piverlt @ bellsouth . net

    Thanks so much in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute. I love seeing others do art based on Ehud.

    I just finished making an animation about Ehud with my company, G-dcast, and believe this audience would enjoy it. Notably, it does show the stabbing with a bunch of blood (done in a cartoony way), so watch it first to make sure it's appropriate for your kid. It's at: http://g-dcast.com/ehud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you have the Ehud left handed judge coloring page you can pass on. We are doing the lesson tomorrow and yours is the only thing I can find that I like. THANKS. danah@livinglifeopen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, do you have any info on the Dagger game? Thanks, love your sharing. you are an awesome teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be willing to share the Ehud the left handed judge coloring page?? Thanks so much. themulleys1@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete